As medical professionals at Defy Nature we are trained to place the well-being and safety of our patients above all else, and that commitment to your health and safety is driving every decision we are making during this challenging time. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are strictly adhering to all guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local and state governments.
It is always our standard practice to follow strict infection control measures at of our office in an effort to protect our patients from any illness or infection. However, at this point in time, many additional infection control measures have been put into place. Below please find a list of some of these additional measures:
- All patients are being screened at the time of scheduling, at appointment reminders, and at the time of check-in for any high-risk travel activity or signs and symptoms of respiratory or other flu-like illness.
- Patients with risk-factors for COVID-19 or signs and symptoms of illness are being immediately rescheduled.
- Signage is present at the clinic entryway requesting that all patients with recent high-risk travel (including international travel), known exposure to COVID-19 AND/OR those currently ill are being asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Our waiting room is closed. We are requesting every patient wait in their car prior to their appointment and call our office for entrance.
- As always, we are using only EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants. All employees who have engaged in high-risk travel or who are experiencing signs and symptoms of illness are not allowed to return to work until a period of self-quarantine has been completed.
- Any patient with signs or symptoms of illness who attempts to schedule an appointment are being rescheduled.
- We are requesting that all patients arrive to appointments without friends or any family members to limit the numbers of people in our office and better comply with the CDC’s social distancing recommendations.
- All magazines and pamphlets have been removed from our offices and waiting areas.
- Pens in our office will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day for patients needing to complete paperwork or sign consent forms.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected between each patient visit, and all employees have been provided with detailed cleaning protocols and requirements for our clinic facilities..
- All “high-touch” surfaces are cleaned numerous times throughout the day.
- Our clinicians and staff are refraining from shaking hands with patients.
- As always, CDC compliant hand hygiene is practiced by every member of our health care team.
We are fully prepared to evaluate and care for our patients at this time and we are taking all possible precautions to protect our patients, their families, our staff and our communities. Thank you for your support and cooperation with these efforts and together we face this unprecedented public health challenge.